This was a year of many firsts for Lab Launch, and we are proud to say it was also a year of many successes. As 2016 comes to a close, we’d like to share our favorites with you—the entrepreneurs, partners, and scientists who make up the Lab Launch community.
- Lab Launch grew from 4 Members served to 14!
- Two member companies graduated! Korva Labs and DryWired moved into their own laboratories and offices in the LA area.
- In partnership with BCLA, we held our second Entrepreneurship Summit at UCLA in June. The event was completely sold out and Aukera, Inc. won 2 months of free space at Lab Launch!
- Lab Launch and CLSA formed a partnership and began working together in multiple areas to promote biotech entrepreneurship in Los Angeles and beyond!
- The first annual Monrovia Biotech Day was a great success. We held events at the Boys and Girls Club of the Foothills and the Monrovia Street Fair, where local students of all ages experienced biotechnology through hands-on scientific experiments.
- We had our first summer interns through our program with Monrovia High School and through the Biotech Leader’s Academy organized by LA Bioscience Hub and East LA City College. We were impressed by all our interns, and we can’t wait to work with more students next summer.
- Lab Launch turned 2! In August we celebrated our 2nd birthday at Angel City Brewery.
- We are expanding to a second location! Watch out for our Chatsworth biotech labs opening in early 2017 in partnership with Make in LA.
- We completed renovations on two private lab suites, bringing us up to 4 total private spaces.
- The best part of 2016 has been getting to know our Members and helping them succeed. Our community is what makes Lab Launch special, and we are so thankful for all of you.
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!